Posted: January 31, 2020
Punta Gorda Police Detectives and State Investigators from the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco (ABT) Bureau of Law Enforcement teamed up on Wednesday, January 31, 2020 for an enforcement sweep in the City of Punta Gorda targeting the sales of alcoholic beverages to minors. The operation included compliance checks at eleven local commercial establishments in the City of Punta Gorda licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. Two of the establishments were closed, eight of the establishments open for business were found to be in compliance, and one establishment was out of compliance.
The commercial establishments that were found to be in compliance and did NOT sell alcohol to a minor were:
- Village Fish Market (1200 West Retta Esplanade)
- Carmelo’s Italian Ristorante (321 West Retta Esplanade)
- Sandra’s Restaurant (111 West Olympia Avenue)
- Dockside Grill at Four Points (33 Tamiami Trail)
- Phil’s 41 (1975 Tamaimi Trail)
- 88 Keys at Wyvern Hotel (101 East Retta Esplanade)
- Manatees Pizza (408 Tamiami Trail)
- Punta Gorda Diner (3941 Tamiami Trail)
The commercial establishment that was found NOT to be in compliance and DID sell alcohol to a minor was:
- Laishley Crab House (150 Laishley Court)
This operation was the result of a continuing partnership between ABT and the Punta Gorda Police Department to curb the illegal sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco to minors. The Punta Gorda Police Department, along with Drug Free Charlotte County and ABT, will continue to work constructively with local retail establishments where violations occur to ensure that employees are educated regarding Florida law. Operations like this one will continue.
Chief Pam Davis urges all individuals to report the illegal sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco to law enforcement. Violations within the incorporated city limits of Punta Gorda can be reported to the Punta Gorda Police Department by calling 941-639-4111.